Talk About a Time When Your Computer Broke Down

Talk about a time when your computer broke down

  • When it was,
  • What you were doing,
  • What you did about it,
  • how you feel about it

Sample Answer of Talk About a Time When Your Computer Broke Down

During my undergraduate days, when I was doing my research work, one afternoon, as I was typing on my computer, a friend of mine just mistakenly dragged the charger with her leg, then the computer fell down from the table where it was. Immediately, the screen scratched and turned black.

I was so mad at her for not being careful enough. Also, I was so bothered about how to start working on the project, how to meet up with the deadline and where to get another laptop or repair the broken one. Fortunately for me, I had a copy of the work on a flash drive but not up to date; at least, I will not have to start from the beginning.

The broken computer was taken to an engineer, so he said the screen needed to be changed entirely and gave me the bill; my friend then volunteered to pay 80 per cent of the bill while I added the remaining 20 per cent. The computer got fixed. Hence work started again, although I couldn’t meet up with the submission date; since I told my supervisor about what happened, he gave me the grace of a few more days.

Follow-ups of Talk About a Time When Your Computer Broke Down

Question 1:- What do people use computers for?

Answer:- We are in the computer age, so I use the computer for so many things like academics, business, to catch up with friends on social media. Also, I have a lot of music on it, and I will just connect it to the sound system and enjoy myself. Sometimes I use it to watch movies as well.

Question 2:- Should students be allowed to use computers at school?

Answer:- School children really need a computer; therefore it should be provided by school authorities for learning in school, also by parents at home, for home learning. The computer makes learning easy. Different educational applications can be installed on it, which will aid learning. Games that exercise the brain are also available on it, which will improve a child intelligence.

Question 3:- What do you think of people who are addicted to computers?

Answer:- Excess of good things can be bad at times. There are many disadvantages associated with addiction to computers, and some of these are eye defects, headaches, and migraine, so addiction to computers is bad.

Question 4:- Do you think computers make our life simpler or more complex?

Answer:- The computer has brought a lot of life-changing advantages to this generation. The invention of computers makes life easier for everyone.

Follow Us on IELTSDATA Twitter

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *