You and Your Family Are Living in Rented Accommodation in An English-Speaking Country

You and your family are living in rented accommodation in an English-speaking country. You are not satisfied with the condition of some of the furniture. Write a letter to your landlord. In your letter you should:

  • introduce yourself.
  • explain what is wrong with the furniture.
  • and say what action you would like the landlord to take.

Dear Mr Smith,

I am writing this letter to inform you about the condition of the furniture of the house which we rented recently.

Let me explain to you in detail. I am Shreya Thakkar, and I recently moved to Halifax from India along with my family. We rented house no. 23 on Brunswick street. The house is spacious and nice. However, there is an issue with the furniture. Actually, the Cupboard in the master bedroom is damaged from the inside, so we are not able to put our things inside. And two wooden chairs on the dining table are also broken so we can not use them either.

I would like to request you to please send a carpenter to check whether the chair and Cupboard are repairable or not. If it is repairable, then we will get it repaired but if not then I think we will need new dining table chairs as we are four members of the family and we will also need a Cupboard as we have a lot of stuff to put.

Hoping to hear from you soon. Please do the needful as soon as possible.

Yours sincerely,

Follow Us on IELTSDATA Twitter

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *