You Paid a Refundable Deposit when You Rented an Apartment a Year Ago

You paid a refundable deposit when you rented an apartment a year ago. You left the apartment last month in good condition, but the landlord won’t return your deposit. Write a letter to the landlord. In your letter,

  • introduce yourself and say why you are writing
  • ask for the return of your deposit
  • inform the landlord of possible action if he/she does not agree to refund the amount

Dear Sir or Madam,

I am writing to you to express my resentment over the amount that I paid a year ago as security, and which was refundable after I left your home. Misfortunately, I have got failed in getting the amount back.

Let me inform you that I have taken the basement of your home for rent. I had spent one and half years as a tenant. I had been paying 10000 per month and by adding other charges such as water, electricity then it cost me 15000. I had been very loyal and regular in paying that rent.

Furthermore, I had deposited 20000 in advance and security, which I would get when relocating to somewhere else. Now, I would like to get my refund deposit back. I have been promoted to senior manager. So, after a week, I am shifting to Delhi. Could you inform me when I could get that amount? Either you will pay by cheque or transfer the amount by Google app or any other.

In addition, if you could fail to do above mentioned favor, I would have no other option; but to file a case. I kept my word to keep your basement in its pristine condition. So, I am entitled to get this refund. I hope you will sort out this problem as soon as possible for your reputation as well as the trust that I have in you.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Yours Sincerely,

Also, Read Some Believe That People Should Make Efforts to Fight Climate Change

Follow Us on IELTSDATA Twitter

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *